Great Shape! Inc. - 28 years of One Love!
Great Shape! Inc. empowers the children and families of Jamaica and the Caribbean by providing access to education and health care.
- 501 c 3, non-profit that facilitates humanitarian projects in Jamaica and the Caribbean serving more than 40,000 people each year
- Over 500 volunteers a year come from all over the USA, Canada and beyond to lend critical skills, talents, time and love
- Founded in 1988 in response to Hurricane Gilbert, now operates 3 major programs: dental, eye care and literacy
- 1988 Founded: built schools, community centers & roads, sponsored students & uniforms
- 2003 Launched: world’s largest, international, humanitarian, dental project - 1000 Smiles
- 2008 Launched: literacy-enhancement program (incl. computer literacy & lab builds) - SuperKids
- 2009 Launched: eye-care program - iCARE
- Also: Dental Sealant Project and Teacher Computer and Literacy Training
- Operate throughout Northern and Western Jamaica. Exploring opportunities in St Lucia and other Caribbean nations.
- Founded: Ashland Oregon. Main office: Modesto, California. Leadership: across the USA, Canada and Jamaica.
- Schools we partner with have only a 40% literacy rate
- In rural Jamaica, there is only one dentist for every 100,000 people
- There is only one public health eye care provider for every 250,000 people
- We believe our purpose in life is to look after those in need
- It’s great fun and deeply rewarding work
- Great Shape! is a volunteer based nonprofit that matches skills and talents with communities in need
- Great Shape! partners with Jamaica's Sandals Foundation and Jamaicans from every corner of society to delvier meaningful solutions
- YOU! can volunteer in Jamaica, fundraise, Donate, Sponsor a Smile, Corporate Sponsorships, etc.
Thanks To Our Amazing Partners & Sponsors
- The Sandals Foundation, Sandals Resorts International: logistics, accommodations, meals (pro-bono)
- Jamaican Ministries of Health and Education: strategy support and collaboration
- First Book: donates thousands of books to SuperKids
- Souls4Soles: shoes and uniforms
- Patterson Dental: equipment, volunteers, internship program
- Let It Shine Media: internal and external communications (including PR & video production)
- Thousands of individual donors, sponsors and volunteers adds up to one big wave of love