Great Shape! Inc. is celebrating 25 years of humanitarian service in action!
Notice: our website suffered a giant crash.
While we build a new site, please find our basic information below. Project dates and application links are listed on the project pages.
Great Shape! Inc. empowers the children and families of Jamaica and the Caribbean by providing access to education and health care.
- 501 c 3, non-profit that facilitates humanitarian projects in Jamaica: serving more than 40,000 people each year
- Our volunteers come from around the world, but most are from the U.S. and Canada
- Founded in 1988 (in response to Hurricane Gilbert)
- 1988 Founded: built schools, community centers & roads, sponsored students & uniforms
- 2003 Launched: world’s largest, international, humanitarian, dental project - 1000 Smiles
- 2008 Launched: literacy-enhancement program (incl. computer literacy & lab builds) - SuperKids
- 2009 Launched: eye-care program - iCare
- Currently volunteering in Parishes surrounding Negril, Whitehouse, Ocho Rios, Montego Bay
- Leadership team based around the U.S.
- Schools we partner with have only a 40% literacy rate
- In rural Jamaica, there is only one dentist for every 100,000 people
- There is only one public health eye care provider for every 250,000 people
- We believe our purpose in life is to look after those in need
- It’s great fun!
- For 25 years, Great Shape! Inc. has benefited from an extremely high return rate of its volunteers, we make the projects happen through plenty of love, hard work, and magic
- Great Shape! relies on the generosity of individual donors, grants, partnerships & sponsorships
- You can volunteer in Jamaica, fundraise, Sponsor a Smile, Corporate Sponsorships, etc.
Thanks To Our Amazing Partners & Sponsors
- The Sandals Foundation, Sandals Resorts International: logistics, accommodations, meals (pro-bono)
- Jamaican Ministries of Health and Education: strategy support and collaboration
- First Book: donates thousands of books to SuperKids
- Souls4Soles: shoes and uniforms
- Patterson Dental: equipment, volunteers, internship program
- Let It Shine Media: internal and external communications (including PR & video production)
- Several individual sponsors and in-kind donations